Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Tender mercies

When I went to Amanda's churches party (Baptist church) I met a ton of different people. They asked what church I went to and for some reason it was extremely hard for me to say I am a Mormon. Not that this is an excuse but when meeting new people you want them to have a good impression and sometimes when thats the first thing people know(that you are Lds) they can have the wrong impression. Such as you practice polygamy, are in a cult, have magic underwear, or they have just never really met a member of the church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints. It took me almost thirty seconds to respond to the first person who asked me. I felt so ashamed of the fact that I almost couldn't say it. Like as if I had something to hide. I still am not proud of the fact that I hesitated but from now one I won't. Because I know this church is something to be proud of. Something that I want everyone to know I am apart of, that I love this Gospel and everything about it. Its apart of me and I ALWAYS want it to be. I never before had had a hard time telling people this, it is still mind boggling that it actually happened. The Lord works in mysterious ways and so does Satan. I realized that as a future missionary I will physically be wearing a nametag representing the church but until then I will emotionally and mentally be wearing one. We can all be missionaries in different ways. Sometimes its hard Sharing something that is close to us and personal but it is important that other people know who we are and what we stand for. You never know who it will influence and impact. Sharing our testimony is soo important. And I realized this as I was talking with a friend from high school in North Dakota. I had thanked her for her example and courage that she has to stand up for what she believes in. She isn't a member of the church but she recently became Christian. She is always posting inspirational thoughts and just uplifting things and I know it leaves such a good influence on people I just love it. The world needs more of it. More love, more prayers, and more Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment