Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Grandma's Baptism

My Grandma decided to rejoin the LDS church. It came as a little bit of a shock because she hadn't been a member for over 20 years but this last week I got to sit down with my Grandma and talk for like 2+ hours about her experiences with the gospel and everything and about my experiences. It was so cool! She really opened up a lot, which helped me to understand why she is where she is at in life and why she has hesitated to rejoin the church in the past. Basically when she was 40 she had some friends who asked her about some church history things and it was all pretty negative and she just kept looking up negative and anti stuff until she decided to remove her name from the church. She than joined a Baptist church who would preach against Mormons. And I remember her taking my sister and I when we were younger, it was strange but for some reason it was what she needed at the time. It is helping her to appreciate the gospel more fully now and to see how blessed we are to have the fullness of the gospel.
I was actually kind of skeptical at first when she told me that she was going to be baptized again. I questioned why the sudden change of heart and the reasons why. Which I know its not my place to judge, I just wanted whats best for her and after talking to her I knew her heart is in the right place. I truly felt like at that moment how God must feel when we turn to him for help, so full of joy and peace. I had a hard time preparing a talk for the baptism, I wrote like 6 different ones but didn't like any of them and it was a busy week and I ended up using the 4th article of faith and a part of the definition of baptism in the bible dictionary and sharing more of what was in my heart and my testimony. It was definitely the spirit guiding me because I prefer to feel a little more prepared hahahah but it went well! It was a really spiritual baptism and experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment